Winter Work



This post speaks to the inherent tension implicit in the title of this blog: city vs country.
Parts of me at home downtown in big cities would be quite alien to parts of me that grew up on a farm, the part of me that is in the bush using a chainsaw to cut firewood.


For those that knew me only in the city, how odd do these images seem? The clothes are probably the least of it-work clothes are extreme, but I was always more grunge than glam, more flea market than Fifth Avenue! But powertools? Blowdryer, clippers and stereo were the extent in the city..

Mom figured it was time for a new chainsaw, a bigger one (not the biggest, but the last one was a small model). Not something I was keen on, using a chainsaw in the first place was not something I was happy about! In the end, though, it is obviously easier and faster to use, so that's a good thing!

An album of winter work, sawing and shovelling.....

Comments