Run from the Rain



What was supposed to be a nice summer botanising bike ride turned into a sprint to stay ahead of thunderstorms and rain!
I set out to ride East from home, a direction I haven't explored much; However, storm clouds to the North soon let me know I didn't dare go too far, so I turned South a couple of roads down...
Well the clouds kept coming, faster than expected, so after just a couple of miles, I turned back west, and kept pedalling fast!
The clouds also kept moving fast, and I got wind and some raindrops, before finally having to stop the bike and put on rain gear, camera tucked inside-- I was just at the edge of the storm, but close enough get rained on for a few minutes before I rode out of it again. Finally, I was clear of that storm, and turned onto the back road between home and Evergreen, a road that includes a favourite spot of mine with a really nice colony of Castilleja, Anemones and other things.
Continuing on home from there, more thunder cells were threatening, but I made it home before it rained again....
A view of the clouds that prompted my first turn, and then an altered Castilleja miniata..
full album:

Comments